Saturday 1 June 2013

Oats! And how to prepare a yummy Bircher Muesli!

Dear Lovelies,

Is it just me or are you guys always searching for different breakfast options as well?
I love breakfast! I even get up earlier just to ensure that I have enough time to eat breakfast properly. But of course just like everyone else I value my sleep and I understand that there's days when every extra minute of sleep counts.
Let me show you a very healthy, yummy, filling AND time saving breakfast option. You can prepare enough for all five work days, pop it in the fridge and it won't go bad as you mix the yoghurt in seperately every morning.

Here's what you need:

3 cups of rolled oats (invest in the good stuff, it's worth it!)
1 apple or 1 pear (depending on personal taste)
1 lemon
1 cup of orange juice and 1 cup of water
Mixed berries, mixed nuts (oven baked, yumm!) and a pinch of cinnamon

1.) Grate the apple/pear into a bowl and then squeeze the juice of the lemon over it
2.) Pour the oats into a bowl and add grated fruit with lemon juice to it
3.) Mix in one glass of orange juice and one glass of water and stir
4.) Put as many nuts and berries in as you want

That's it! Make sure you put clingwrap on top or put it into an airtight container to be able to store it in the fridge for a few days.

Now you have the perfect basis and to complete your Bircher Muesli you simply take some out of the bowl each morning and add yoghurt of your choice.

I prefer Jalna *click* as it is a natural yoghurt without added sugar and it is pot set! Quality guaranteed!




With Love, 


Coffeebeanlilly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I highly value constructive criticism, but am happy about any kind of feedback. I reserve the right to delete comments that are insulting, have racist or sexist connotation and anything alike.